This is a super healthy, super easy recipe that can be enjoyed as a quick snack, lunch, or as a side to a healthy dinner. By reducing the amount of cheese and adding in some green veggies, this recipe is sure to contribute to your healthy living goals while still tasting great.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 80-90 minutes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large tuscan kale leaves (bagged, prechopped kale is also fine)
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- Scrub potatoes, then poke each deeply several times with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, and bake for 50-60 minutes, until tender, then remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash and dry the kale leaves, remove and discard the thick inner stems, and roughly chop the leaves (if using bagged, pre chopped kale, just wash and dry).
- Cook in a pot of rapidly boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and run under cold water. Set kale aside.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise, and scoop the insides out into a blender, leaving 1/4 inch of potato flesh still attached to the skins (if you don’t have a blender, a hand blender or mixing with a fork also works).
- Add the broccoli, kale, and milk to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture back into the potato skins, sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, return to the baking sheet, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Change the oven setting to broil, and continue cooking on high for 3 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven, cool for a couple minutes, and serve.
Recipe and image from: http://greatist.com/health/twice-baked-broccoli-and-kale-stuffed-potatoes