Having healthy baked goods like muffins available around the house can be a great way of ensuring you eat breakfast every morning. This recipe for three-grain raspberry muffins is a healthy, tasty option to include in your mornings.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk or plain soy milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark honey
- 3 1/2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper or fail liners and preheat oven to 400F
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the oats and milk. Microwave on high until the oats are creamy and tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, bran, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to blend. Add the honey, canola oil, lime zest, oats mixture and egg. Beat just until moistened but still slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rach and let cool completely.