This exercise is a great one for beginners and veterans like, because it is the easiest type of squat to perform. As opposed to the traditional squat where the weight is behind your head, in a goblet squat the weight is held in front which acts as a counterbalance when the squat is performed, allowing you to get a deeper bend in without increasing the risk of falling.
Image retrieved from:
- Stand shoulder-width apart
- Hold a dumbbell by one end with both hands under your chin
- If you do not have a dumbbell, feel free to use a household object that is easy to grasp and is relatively heavy. If you are enjoying this exercise with your child, he or she can use their favourite stuffed animal or another fun object!
- Slowly squat down, bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor
- Slowly raise yourself back up; complete 10 reps, 4 times