Rushed to get to work in the morning and only ten minutes to make your lunch? Have to get the kids to hockey practice and no time to cook up dinner? Turn the classic burger on it’s head and shake it up with the Chicken BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) Salad. This winner among adults and children alike takes only ten minutes to make, and is chock full of veggies and lean meats which are an important part of your brand new (or regular) healthy lifestyle.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings…just double all the ingredients below if you are planning on carpooling to your kids hockey game!
- 4 slices lean turkey bacon
- 4 1-inch-thick slices ciabatta bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- ⅓ low-fat buttermilk, well shaken
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups roughly torn rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and beginning to crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Crumble into large pieces.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush the ciabatta slices with the olive oil and grill until just toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Lightly rub the cut garlic clove halves over the surface of each slice. Let the bread cool, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, minced garlic, salt, sugar, and black pepper. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, croutons, and half the bacon. Toss well. Transfer to plates and top each serving with some of the remaining bacon.
*If the buttermilk dressing is not your thing or requires too many ingredients, substitute for store-bought light caesar dressing.
Recipe and image retrieved from http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/dinner/dinner-in-20-easy-healthy-dinner-recipes/?page=10